- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Built is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, Data Architecture to help organize and manage existing data resources, implement new technologies and tooling to advance our data analysis platform, as well as help drive scalable data sharing practices. In this role, you will split your time between hands-on development and people leadership activities. You will own data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new standards that support teams across the entire organization. You will gather requirements through direct interaction with engineering teams, product teams, business partners, and others. You will optimize and track the performance of our data environments and related capabilities, constantly evolving our system to ensure performance, security, and scale for the business.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results for our clients. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Lead the Data Architecture Team which focuses on data standards, warehousing, integrations, and more
- Assisting in the collection, organization, and availability of data at Built as both a leader and as an individual contributor
- Work with the Data Insights team to democratize data for analysis including visualization, exploration, and reporting solutions for internal and external customers
- Ensure that all data repositories are secure, performant, scalable, and highly fault-tolerant
- Evangelizing data fluency and coordinating training initiatives with the internal training department to help develop data-driven decision making throughout the organization
- Actively seek opportunities to mentor teammates and be mentored by your teammates
- Work with principal engineers and other teams to move larger engineering initiatives forward
- Act as the example to which other engineers aspire to become professionally and culturally
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 5+ years of data warehousing experience
- Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
- Experience with cloud hardware provisioning, forecasting usage, and managing to a budget
- Experience with Linux/UNIX
- Proven track record of sharing outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of their offerings (Athena, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kinesis, Redshift, Lambda, S3, EC2, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data Technologies
- Experience with security standards like symmetric and asymmetric encryption, virtual private clouds, IP whitelisting, LDAP authentication, and other methods
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
- Experience with Data Lakes (particularly AWS Glue, S3, and Snowflake)
- Experience with Integration Platforms (Celigo, SnapLogic, etc.)
- Experience with Data Pipeline/ETL tools (particularly Snowpipe, Luigi, AWS Glue)
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including uncapped vacation; health, dental & vision insurance; and 401k
- Holistic compensation package including base salary, bonus, and equity
Learning grants to support your professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.