- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Lender Services is a new line of business Built is investing in heavily. Our lender services group builds tools to support lender workflows. The core products we support are a mobile application for inspectors, user experiences in our main application for managing inspections, and integrating with external systems to bring in data for lenders to use in decision making. Our team is made of three Colombia-based teams with a small number of Nashville-based engineers helping to lead and support the work.
We are looking for candidates who exemplify our core values:
- Put people first: Work hard and be nice to people
- Be a team player: Humble, Hungry, Smart
- Work with passion: Love what you do. Do it well. Celebrate.
- We are looking for an engineer willing to dive into service-based architecture, help establish best-practices for the company, and lead delivery of products.
- Systems thinking – our lender services are a collection of components that work together to deliver value to our customers. We need an engineer who things in systems and can help build reliable, sustainable services.
- Iterative delivery - breaking large technical and business opportunities into small units of value, delivered on a regular cadence.
- Exceptional quality - automated testing and comprehensive change verification are core to this team’s success.
- Collaboration – able to work closely with our remote engineers and our internal product teams to facilitate delivery
- 1+ years of professional working experience with Python and modern Python packages, tooling, development, and testing
- Solid understanding of web development (full stack)
- Good interpersonal skills
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Uncapped Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
For those in our Nashville HQ: Weekly Team Lunches and a Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.