- Nashville, TN
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
As an engineer at Built, you will be entrusted with ensuring the quality, stability, and reliability of Built’s current client-facing systems. This objective requires closely working with other members of the support engineering teams to deliver a world-class experience for new and current Built clients.
In this Role, You Will:
- Responsibly break down monolithic legacy applications through becoming an expert in our business logic and leveraging new technology
- Definition of code standards, best practices, and design patterns
- Definition and tracking of KPIs for production performance and stability
- Help new and existing developers understand Built’s code architecture, standards, and technical platform vision through mentoring
- Author, edit and update documentation to provide guidance and support for others
- Ensure support for the teams for visibility, resolution, and root-cause analysis of reported or discovered production defects
Success in this role is measured by:
- Production defects (cycle time, reported/discovered, and count)
- Testing coverage
- Consistently improving the quality and quantity of output of others on the team
- Continuous iteration on and adoption of new processes
- Understanding of business logic and customer needs to help identify and manage priority issues
- Strong working knowledge of Typescript, Node and Python with a willingness to address PHP regularly within the monolith
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment, preferably with Kanban
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Uncapped Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
For those in our Nashville HQ: Weekly Team Lunches and a Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.