- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 3, 2021
- Business Development
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. Founded in 2017, Capitolis’ network software enables financial institutions to optimize their balance sheets, which creates a fairer, safer, and healthier marketplace. More than 100 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources.
Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis’ team brings decades of experience in launching successful startups, technology and financial services and is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv. For more information, please visit our website at www.capitolis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Capitolis is looking for a Director of Business Development to own Capitolis’s existing and new FX business with banks outside the top 13. This role will be focused primarily on European, US, and Canadian clients.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, consultative salesperson with a proven track record identifying new business opportunities and progressing them through to closure and revenue generation. The ideal candidate is a proactive relationship builder with innate curiosity and the ability to balance strategic thinking with execution.
The Director, Business Development will be located in New York City or London and will report to the Head of Business Development.
- Own and maintain new and existing sales pipeline and client relationships, primarily with sell-side firms
- Cultivate new client relationships and generate new revenue for Capitolis through research, prospecting, and client interaction
- Partner with clients to understand needs to identify and market opportunities for Capitolis products
- Proactively build a comprehensive understanding of industry and market participants within target countries
- Collaborate internally to drive product development and client adoption and utilization of Capitolis products
- 5-7 years of experience in sales to sell-side financial firms; experience with buy-side firms is not a requirement but is a plus
- Proven track record of identifying new business opportunities and driving revenue growth
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in the FX market; understanding and experience in other asset classes is not a requirement, but is a plus
- Experience in B2B SaaS sales is not a requirement, but is a plus
- The ability to operate at the strategic level while also driving results and execution
- An independent operator that can navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- An excellent listener with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Ability and willingness to travel to dedicated region post-pandemic