- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. Founded in 2017, Capitolis’ network software enables financial institutions to optimize their balance sheets, which creates a fairer, safer, and healthier marketplace. More than 75 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources.
Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis’ team brings decades of experience in launching successful startups, technology and financial services and is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv. For more information, please visit our website at www.capitolis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Capitolis is looking for an Equities Operations Analyst to support the efforts of capital optimization for our customers. This role will be responsible for performing the daily operations function related to our Equity/TRS businesses. The Equities Operations Analyst role is a highly collaborative, cross-functional role that will work with internal and external groups (i.e., clients, business, product, and development).
The ideal candidate would have deep knowledge of the trade lifecycle of equity markets, enjoy working with complex customer data, and experience collaborating with technology development to build appropriate operational workflows to drive increased customer value.
- The Equities Operations Analyst will report to the Director of Operations and will be located in New York City.
- Support the execution of Equities / TRS trading and efficiency-based activities:
- Assist in trade execution – inspecting and verifying all trade details, entering OEMS orders, creating trade files.
- Trade and position reconciliation with cash equity agents, fund services, custody, and trading counterparties.
- Ensure proper bookings of corporate action events and dividend payments.
- Coordinate with custody to ensure timely settlement and fails resolution of equity trades.
- Daily cash, margin, and realized pnl reconciliation to assist with cash movement and settlements.
- Assist with documentation of procedures and process improvement.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to develop and test updates to product functionality.
- Collaborate with Adoption and Sales to offer client support on operational processes for the various Capitolis products.
- 3+ years operations experience, ideally in Finance or FinTech industry
- Strong Equities / TRS middle or back office operational knowledge
- Advanced Excel knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages is a plus (i.e., C, C++, R, Python, etc.)
- Positive attitude and willingness to wear lots of hats
- Ability to multitask and prioritize high-volume of tasks with urgency
- Display goal orientation while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment