- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 16, 2021
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. Founded in 2017, Capitolis’ network software enables financial institutions to optimize their balance sheets, which creates a fairer, safer, and healthier marketplace. More than 75 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources.
Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis’ team brings decades of experience in launching successful startups, technology and financial services and is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv. For more information, please visit our website at www.capitolis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Capitolis is seeking a Controller to own, lead, and continue to shape it’s global accounting function. This role will be responsible for the strategic vision and management of Capitolis’s global accounting, treasury, governance functions. In this high-impact, high-visibility role, the Controller will drive engagement with senior leadership of Capitolis and provide guidance on significant accounting matters. The Controller will be responsible for owning and managing relationships with external parties, such as auditors and banks.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced Accounting professional who is a high-level, independent thinker who values impact over effort. We are looking for a self-motivated owner with high standards for excellence and is willing to roll their sleeves up to get things done.
The Controller will report to the Global Head of Finance and is located in New York City.
- Own and continue to build and scale a world class global accounting function
- Provide technical accounting leadership and guidance on significant and complex accounting matters to senior leadership, especially those related to revenue recognition in the dynamic and evolving SaaS space
- Oversee and drive execution of regular and ad hoc financial reporting and statements to Executive Team, Board of Directors, other internal stakeholders, investors, and auditors
- Ensure accuracy of historical financial records in accordance with GAAP and support implementation of new accounting standards
- Set the strategic direction for our financial systems and procedures to ensure the proper automation, auditability, and controls for financial records
- Oversee tax and treasury; assist and support outside accountants and counsel on all required tax filings and optimize treasury
- Own and manage relationships with external auditors and banks
- Develop, implement and maintain internal control guidelines, policy, and procedure.
- Ensure compliance with state, federal and foreign regulatory requirements, and professional standards
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in Accounting/Finance, preferably at a publicly traded company within the Finance or FinTech industry
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting standards and procedures; CPA is required
- Results-oriented leader with ability to balance multiple competing priorities at a time in a fast-paced environment
- A strategic, analytical thinker with an ownership mentality and excellent communication skills
- Experience with NetSuite or other similar ERP
- Demonstrated experience independently identifying and driving process improvements
- Ability to understand written and conversational Hebrew, a plus