- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 16, 2021
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. Founded in 2017, Capitolis’ network software enables financial institutions to optimize their balance sheets, which creates a fairer, safer, and healthier marketplace. More than 100 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources.
Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis’ team brings decades of experience in launching successful startups, technology and financial services and is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv. For more information, please visit our website at www.capitolis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Capitolis is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Global Accounting team. The Staff Accountant will use their strong analytical skills and attention to detail to analyze monthly financial data and make sure all activity has been recorded and reconciled. They will assist in ensuring financial standards are met with accuracy and timeliness. They will own Procure to Pay (P2P) and Order to Cash (O2C) processes. The Staff Accountant will also have the opportunity to enhance our existing day to day processes and help design new processes that leverage technology to drive efficiency.
The Staff Accountant role is located in New York City and will report to the Controller.
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly financial closing process and prepare reporting package for consolidation
- Responsible for the daily accounting operations including A/R, A/P, T&E, & Treasury
- Prepare monthly accruals, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage fixed assets
- Prepare high quality work papers and supporting schedules
- Support external quarterly and annual audit requirements
- Assist with corporate, sales, and local tax return filings and coordinate with tax professionals as necessary: complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Assist in designing new processes and enhance existing ones, implement new and scalable processes to support the company’s growth, and drive continuous improvement
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of accounting policies and internal controls
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions
- Additional responsibilities for special projects as they arise
- 2+ years prior professional accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required; CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products
- Proficiency with NetSuite ERP is not required but is a significant advantage
- Strong hands-on leader, inquisitive, natural problem solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment with strong time-management skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to multitask
- Exceptional analytic capabilities