- New York
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
Capitolis is the leading platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. Founded in 2017, Capitolis’ network enables financial institutions to optimize their balance sheets, which creates a fairer, safer, and healthier marketplace. More than 100 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources.
Backed by world class investors, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital, and S Capital, Capitolis’ team brings decades of experience in launching successful startups, technology, and financial services and is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv. For more information, please visit our website at www.capitolis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Capitolis is seeking a Vice President, Strategic Finance to own FP&A, financial reporting, and drive strategic initiatives. This high impact role will play a critical role in architecting Capitolis’ financial and investment strategies and play an active role in the execution and measurement of strategic objectives.
The ideal candidate is a strategic, executive-level thought partner with exceptional business acumen and proven success in driving significant process implementations and improvements. This person will have a strong sense of ownership and is able to navigate a fast-paced, dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
The Vice President, Strategic Finance will report to the Global Head of Finance and is located in New York City.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and analysis on business performance, strategic investments, and financial forecasts to Global Head of Finance, Executive Team, and Board of Directors
- Own, refine, and execute annual budgeting, long-term financial planning, and forecasting processes for all financial metrics to provide visibility on growth and performance to the executive team
- Support M&A, Joint Ventures, and Partnerships through identification and assessment of opportunities and transaction execution
- Drive and refine financial reporting including the creation and analysis of the quarterly board reporting package and the development of weekly and monthly financial and operational metrics by division and for the company as a whole
- Provide strong ad hoc financial and business decision support on numerous revenue and strategic initiatives, return on investment analyses, and/or other projects
- Build out, analyze, and communicate results of strategic initiatives and articulate impact to overall business based on performance
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to establish new processes and reporting standards
- Provide strategic thought leadership and analysis that identify meaningful trends and opportunities across the business
- 7+ years of combined experience in investment banking or financial planning and analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or other Business-related degree
- Experience working in SaaS or a recurring revenue business
- Experience with M&A is not required, but preferred
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products
- Keen understanding of the key drivers of business performance & associated KPIs
- High proficiency in financial modeling, sensitivity analysis, and data visualization
- Experience with implementing budgeting and reporting tools is strongly preferred
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision
- A strategic leader with an ownership mentality who is comfortable navigating ambiguity in an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated experience independently identifying and driving process improvements