- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
cargo.one is the digital platform for freight forwarders to search, compare and book air freight capacities across airlines. We are proud to have a product our customers love to use, which has allowed us to win over 8,000 freight forwarders as customers in our first two years in the market.
After cementing our position in Europe and raising a Series B round with Bessemer and Index Ventures, cargo.one is expanding internationally. Air cargo is a global market and we can only be successful if we have a truly global footprint.
As our North America Marketing Manager (Freight Forwarders), you will lead the go-to-market and execution of multichannel (online & offline) campaigns to drive end-user growth, with the goal of making cargo.one a must-have platform for air freight forwarders in North America. You’ll be part of our global Marketing team and work closely with our North American sales team.
This position is ideal for experienced marketeers with a background in B2B field marketing, demand generation, offline, event activation, or community building.
- This position is remote but you will have to be based in either the US or Canada.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be the strategic partner to our Sales team to grow our user base (# new users), drive engagement (# bookings) and take our brand to North America.
- Collaborate closely with the global marketing team on regional go-to market tactics and execution so that it aligns holistically.
- Create localized buzz and user growth of cargo.one in key markets: Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, New York, etc.
- Conduct customer and market research to refine our messaging and positioning for the North American market, identify opportunities and formulate our localized marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute cohesive marketing tactics and playbooks across 360 channels (offline and online) and share best practices with the global cargo.one teams.
- Identify and leverage partner airline channels for launch and effectively engage new and existing customers on the forwarder side.
- Plan and execute virtual and in-person events and engagements that support pipeline development for our sales team.
- Build a community of cargo.one advocates that are proud to participate in our story and promote our customer-centric brand, and success stories.
- Set goals and measure the success of the marketing strategy and execution by defining the right KPIs.
What you’ll need:
- 4-7 years of working experience or equivalent maturity, with at least two years of working experience in North America and B2B marketing.
- You have worked for a hypergrowth startup, have a bias for action and a track record of executing marketing campaigns end-to-end.
- You are a T-shaped individual with broad experience across the marketing spectrum but leaning towards field marketing, demand generation, offline, event activation, or community building.
- You have strong experience working with regional sales teams (terms such as MQLs, SQLs, etc. actually make sense to you) and executing against mutual targets.
- You possess an entrepreneurial drive, a commercial mindset, and feel comfortable making decisions in fast-paced and challenging environments.
- You have experience with platforms in the B2B marketing tech stack, such as Salesforce or HubSpot.
- You are fluent in English - Spanish or other languages are a plus.
- Connecting the world’s air cargo markets to make them more productive and successful
- Get to know our cargo.one team and find out more about daily challenges, biggest achievements and personal motivations. Paloma, Abdullah, Veit and Siena.
- cargo.one is named one of 20 rising stars as part of Forbes’ Cloud 100 list
- cargo.one, the world’s first real-time booking engine for air cargo, raises $18.6 million to expand to North America and Asia
- Air Cargo Booking Site Gets Bessemer Funds, Plans U.S. Foray