- Athens, GR
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Data Science
Causaly accelerates how humans acquire knowledge and develop insights in Biomedicine. We enable researchers and decision-makers to discover evidence from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, regulatory documents, patents and other data sources... in minutes. Using our AI technology, we are developing the world’s biggest knowledge platform in Biomedicine powered by a high-precision Knowledge Graph.
We work with some of the world's largest biopharma companies and institutions on use cases spanning Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence. For example, read how Causaly is used in Target Identification here: AI-supported-target-identification-for-systemic-lupus-erythematosus.
We are backed by top VCs including Index Ventures, Pentech and Marathon.
- Gather and understand data based on business requirements.
- Import big data (millions of records) from various formats (e.g. CSV, XML, SQL, JSON) to BigQuery.
- Process data on BigQuery using SQL, i.e. sanitize fields, aggregate records, combine with external datasources.
- Export data in a well-defined target format and schema.
- Validate data output based on acceptance criteria.
- Produce reports on data completeness and other metrics, as requested by higher management.
- Support team’s data operations and data pipelines building initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of work experience in Data Engineering and BI
- Solid understanding of Database Systems (relational or other)
- Excellent understanding of SQL, incl. advanced concepts (e.g. window functions)
- Proficiency in Git version control
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with Google Big Query
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working with Full-Text search databases, such as ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with UNIX terminal
- The list below is indicative and not exhaustive of the technologies we use at Causaly.
- Competitive salary (see below)
- Apple, Lenovo or Dell equipment (based on your OS preference)
- Annual training budget for professional development (e.g. books, video tutorials)
- Excessive sick-leave package
- Plenty of opportunity to take on more responsibility as we grow
- Be part of a multinational, diverse and exceptional team to build a transformative knowledge product that has real impact
- Annual team retreat to secret destination
The salary we offer is based on skills, professional experience and team fit. The applicant will be required to prove their qualifications via interview and written assignment. The salary range is as follows.
- Mid-Senior Data Engineers: 30K - 50K EUR/year
- Senior Data Engineers: 50K+ EUR/year
Who is this position for?
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is humble, open to feedback and appreciates code quality.
- The recruitment process at Causaly is as follows.
- Evaluate applicant’s CV
- Initial call with applicant to assess team fit and dev experience (~1 hour)
- Technical assessment (4-6 hours commitment over 1 week time-span, depending on the applicant’s expertise)
- Review call to discuss feedback from the assignment (~1 hour)
- Meet the founders (~1 hour)
- Receive offer letter, outlining goals and expectations for the next 6 months
- Legalities and contract
Causaly welcomes applications from all backgrounds. We are committed to diversity regardless of gender, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.