- Athens, GR
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Engineering QA
Causaly accelerates how humans acquire knowledge and develop insights in Biomedicine. We help researchers and decision-makers to discover evidence from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, regulatory documents, patents and other data sources, in minutes.
Using our AI Machine-reading technology, we are developing the world’s biggest knowledge platform in Biomedicine powered by a high-precision, directed Knowledge Graph. Causaly is used by Pharmaceutical companies in Research and Commercial departments, for Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence. Read how Causaly is used in Target Identification in our blog.
Our team is defining for our ability to transform how professionals work with academic literature, execute knowledge discovery and acquisition and make decisions. We are looking for an Application QA Engineer who would work closely with our Engineering and Product teams to improve the quality of our user interface and API.
We are proud to be backed by the world’s most prominent VCs and are based in London, UK and Athens, Greece.
- Design tests based on product specifications and expected behaviour;
- Implement automated tests;
- Perform thorough manual regression testing when technical issues are resolved;
- Identify, record and analyse technical issues on Causaly platform;
- Provide detailed reports to help the team decide which technical issues are more important to tackle;
- Track test metrics, such as test coverage, defect densities, and open defect counts;
- Review product specifications and technical design documents - provide timely and meaningful feedback;
- Stay up-to-date with new testing approaches, tools and test strategies.
- 3+ years of work experience in software quality assurance
- Demonstrated ability in writing test plans, ensuring that the required specifications are thoroughly tested
- Strong knowledge of software test and automation methodologies, tools and processes
- Good knowledge of web architecture (URIs, HTTP, Caching, etc)
- Proficiency in Git version control
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with SQL
- Experience with performance testing
- The list below is indicative and not comprehensive of the technologies we use at Causaly.
- Competitive salary (see below)
- Apple, Lenovo or Dell equipment (based on your OS preference)
- Training budget for professional development (e.g. monthly subscription to egghead, books, training, conferences)
- Excessive sick-leave package
- Plenty of opportunity to take on more responsibility as we grow
- Be part of a multinational, diverse and exceptional team to build a transformative knowledge product that has real impact
- Annual team retreat to secret destination (which will resume after COVID19 has settled)
The salary we offer is based on skills, professional experience and team fit. The applicant will be required to prove their qualifications via interview and written assignment. The salary range is as follows.
- Mid-Senior QA Engineers: 30K - 45K EUR/year
- Senior QA Engineers: 45K+ EUR/year
Who is this position for?
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is humble, open to feedback, appreciates code quality and has a sense of humour.
- The recruitment process at Causaly is as follows.
- Evaluate applicant’s CV
- Initial call with applicant to assess team fit and dev experience (~1 hour)
- Technical assessment (4-6 hours commitment over 1 week time-span, depending on the applicant’s expertise)
- Review call to discuss feedback from the assignment (~30 mins)
- Meet the founders (~1 hour)
- Receive offer letter, outlining goals and expectations for the next 6 months
- Legalities and contract
Causaly welcomes applications from all backgrounds. We are committed to diversity regardless of gender, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.