- Date Posted
- Nov. 3, 2021
- Product Engineering
Causaly accelerates how humans acquire knowledge and develop insights in Biomedicine. We enable researchers and decision-makers to discover evidence from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, regulatory documents, patents and other data sources… in minutes.
Using our AI technology, we are developing the world’s biggest knowledge platform in Biomedicine powered by a high-precision Knowledge Graph.
- We work with some of the world's largest biopharma companies and institutions on use cases spanning Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence. For example read how Causaly is used in Target Identification here: AI-supported-target-identification-for-systemic-lupus-erythematosus
- We are backed by top VCs including Index Ventures, Pentech and Marathon.
As we scale our business and team we are looking for an exceptional Product Owner to join the Causaly team and work closely with our engineering, design and customer facing teams to drive the development of our Core Platform and its capabilities.
What you will be responsible for:
- Analyse and understand incoming business requirements, identify customer pain points and propose solutions
- Provide vision and guidance to the engineering team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the product and content architecture, enough to make educated product decisions
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Plan and prioritise product feature backlog and development for the product
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Make sure there is a good balance between product feature and technical improvements.
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Collaborate closely with UX designers to communicate and clarify requirements and provide sign-off for the produced designs
- Maintain regular relationships with both customer-facing teams as well as customers themselves to understand their needs and gain feedback on functional requirements during the development process
- Perform acceptance testing and sign-off any work produced by the engineering team before shipping it to the customer, ensuring quality standards.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- Experience in leading B2B product and cross-functional teams as a Product Owner/Business Analyst
- Technical fluency - able to navigate the technical environment, understanding how technology products and related infrastructure work
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and able to plan, prioritise work with a complex schedule of events and activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can maintain focus and drive priorities effectively in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Confident and proactive
- Proven experience in product management within a major Life Science company
- Life Sciences (biology, chemistry, pharma industry, bio/chemo/pharmaco-informatics) domain knowledge
- Experience in NLP and Search technologies would be a plus
- PhD in biological sciences or related field
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Individual training / development budget
- Hybrid working (home + office)
- Regular team socials and annual retreat to a secret global destination
- Potential to have real impact and accelerated career growth as an early member of a multinational team that’s building a transformative knowledge product
- Be yourself at Causaly... Difference is valued. Everyone belongs.
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They are more than words at Causaly. It’s how we work together. It’s how we build teams. It’s how we grow leaders. It’s what we nurture and celebrate. It’s what helps us innovate. It’s what helps us connect with the customers and communities we serve.
We are on a mission to accelerate scientific breakthroughs for ALL humankind and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and fairly consider qualified candidates without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, genetics, age, religion or belief, marital / civil partnership status, domestic / family status, veteran status or any other difference.