- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Causaly we are building the biggest knowledge platform in the world to empower people working on the most pressing issues in human health. To achieve this, we are teaching computers to read all knowledge ever published and develop an interface that allows humans to answer questions they can’t ask anywhere else.
The technology is self-developed and proprietary, powering a large Biomedical Causal Knowledge Graph. It helps researchers and decision-makers to discover insights from millions of academic publications, clinical trials, patents and other data sources, in minutes. Causaly is used by Pharmaceutical companies in Research and Commercial departments, for Drug Discovery, Safety and Competitive Intelligence.
Read how Causaly is used in Target Identification here: https://www.causaly.com/blog/ai-supported-target-i...
We are a VC-backed tech company with offices in London and Athens, looking for an experienced and driven Lead Knowledge Engineer who would grow the knowledge engineering team and work on data model and structure across the database and data representations stack.
- MSc. or Ph.D in Computer Science within a related field (e.g. Knowledge Representation/Management, Biomedical Ontologies, Semantic Web, etc)
- 5+ years of research/industry experience in knowledge engineering
- Leadership, team management, hiring experience
- Strong engineering background enabling rapid POC development, modeling and scripting
- Research experience in knowledge engineering enabling awareness of state of the art techniques and methodologies for data modeling, representation and linking
- Experience in query design and optimization
- Ability to drive technical projects autonomously with strong documentation and organizational skills
- Strong background in RDF, OWL, SPARQL
- Proficiency in the following is an advantage:
- Python and Java
- Neo4j, Cypher, ElasticSearch
- Biomedical ontologies design and integration
- Competitive Salary and equity option package
- Be part of the early team that builds a transformative knowledge product with the potential to have real impact
- Individual training budget for professional development
- Support for publishing your work in academic journals and conferences
- Regular team outings
- Annual team retreat to secret destination
- Easily accessible office in the heart of Angel, Islington