- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Business Applications
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers.
At Check, the Business Operations & Finance team is tasked with guiding decision-making, optimizing processes, and ensuring the broader team is enabled with the resources they need. Our work involves deep analyses of financial and operational data, developing deep partnerships across the organization, and effectively communicating insights to the team.
For this role, we are looking for an FP&A analyst with a strong accounting and financial background, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a desire to push forward our mission of making payroll work better for companies and employees. As an early team member, you will be responsible for performing critical analysis and laying the groundwork for our FP&A function. In addition, you will be responsible for driving finance process improvements and working across the organization to build a culture of data-driven decision-making.
In this role, you will:
- Establish Check’s financial planning and analysis function and assist in the development of our broader finance function
- Coordinate our monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, planning, and forecasting processes
- Lead the selection and roll-out of corporate performance management and planning software
- Use financial data to identify opportunities for investment and areas for cost reduction
- Partner across the organization to support functional decision-making processes
- Assist with the development of financial reports for investors, auditors, and federal/state agencies
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates:
- Have 3 - 5 years of accounting or FP&A experience, ideally with 2+ years of experience at a high-growth technology startup
- Are proficient in Excel and possess strong financial modeling skills
- Have exposure to corporate performance management and planning systems (e.g., Anaplan, Planful, Cube)
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, with experience presenting to senior management
- Have experience rolling out systems & processes in a dynamic, startup environment
- Are able to drive cross-functional insights and alignment, with a bias towards action
- Approach problems with a structured methodology and strong attention to detail
- Have a solid practical understanding of GAAP
- Are willing to travel to our SF and NYC hubs
- Our team is distributed across the US, with hubs in New York City and San Francisco.
- You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Don’t see a role that fits your interests? If you’re passionate about working at Check email us at email@example.com and tell us how you’d like to help
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org with “accommodations” in the subject line.