- New York
- Date Posted
- Dec. 15, 2021
- Professional Services
- Business Applications
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers.
The Check Solutions team bridges the gap between business problems and technical solutions for our partners. Externally, our team impacts revenue growth by applying technical knowledge in a consultative manner to drive better business outcomes. Internally, we work closely with Sales, Product, Engineering, Operations, Compliance, and Partner Success to develop unique and differentiated solutions to innovative payroll product ideas.
As a Technical Consultant, you will be the primary technical advisor for our partners who are building payroll products on our platform. You’ll build trust and understanding of the partners’ business models and guide them through product development.
In this role, you will:
- Build trusted relationships with stakeholders at partner organizations: Understand partners’ business models, organizational priorities, and ideal workflows to ensure targeted and specific solution guidance
- Conduct comprehensive technical discovery: Conduct deep discovery across multiple stakeholders, mapping the landscape of a partner’s HR and payroll-relevant product offering as well as employer/employee experience
- Design and own detailed solutions: Own and drive creative, scalable solutions; integrate payroll and technical best practices
- Drive technical project workstreams: Execute on designed solutions with partner product and engineering teams; drive toward milestones and optimize for time to revenue
- Influence strategic product roadmap: Combine customer feedback with Check go-to-market strategy to make strategic recommendations on product prioritization in both the short and long term
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates:
- Relevant work experience: 4+ years in a customer-facing, technical solutions role integrating a differentiated software solution; experience advising on a compliance-driven solution is a plus
- Technical competence: A strong command of how to leverage a flexible API-driven platform to achieve a differentiated partner product; ability to build trust with a developer audience
- Cross-functional excellence: Demonstrated ability to create and drive cross-functional collaboration and initiatives to solve partner problems; comfortable and effective leading conversations with sales, product, engineering, and partner success
- Communication proficiency: Clear and concise communication (written, oral, virtual, or in-person) is paramount; ability to communicate technical concepts in business language to build consensus both internally and externally
- Autonomy and initiative: Our lean team needs individuals who execute against a broad, strategic goal by appropriately prioritizing internal projects and partner engagements in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to travel as needed
- Our team is distributed across the US, with hubs in New York City and San Francisco.
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.