- New York
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Business Applications
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers.
Check is looking for a Strategic Sales (Platform Development) Manager to build and grow our Partner Acquisition function from the ground up. While payroll can be complicated, at Check our mission is to make paying people simple. Our strategic sales team lies at the heart of doing that.
We’re looking for an experienced seller who wants to challenge themselves at the intersection of several fields. You’ll need to become an expert in the emerging API infrastructure and embedded fintech landscape, but also in the decades-old world of payroll.
Your role in our quickly growing sales team will focus on identifying the right partners to acquire and sign whose strategies align with Check’s. Some of our key partnerships include leaders in vertical SaaS, HR software, the gig economy, and enterprise companies.
In this role, you will:
- Develop account plans for winning and expanding business with their book of business
- Develop outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for high growth technology companies
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders at new clients
- Work with company leaders from multiple functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance) to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
- Working with Product and Rev-ops by contributing to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates:
- Have 7+ years of proven successful experience in strategic partnerships or sales in a B2B software environment
- Are hardworking self-starters with a proven track record of closing multi-million dollar deals with partners
- Have a strong executive presence and work closely with C-Suite executives both internally and externally
- Can creatively and persistently network in order to locate decision-makers, build relationships, negotiate and sell a product
- Have a strong ability to assess product-market fit and prioritize initiatives based on the potential impact
- Have a history of exceeding deal and revenue targets by forging high impact partnerships, and holding themselves and cross-functional teams accountable
- Are technologically savvy and familiar with APIs
- Have exceptional communication skills and the ability to rally organizational support
- Have experience with reseller/OEM relationships
- Bring a high energy level to match Check’s fast-paced, start-up environment
- Our team is distributed across the US, with hubs in New York City and San Francisco.
- Don’t see a role that fits your interests? If you’re passionate about working at Check email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you’d like to help.
- Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process