- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 15, 2021
- Business Applications
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers.
As a Technical Account Manager at Check, you will own the technical strategy for our most strategic Partners. You will be a technical expert in our partner’s product. Your role is critical to the long-term growth of our Partners, ensuring our mutual roadmaps and requirements are communicated clearly and often.
You will be aligned with a Partner Success Manager(s) in this role, as well as several cross-functional teams. Together, you will design and execute technical strategies that build trust with our Partners.
Our Partners are especially invested in Check because in the past, payroll products took several years of tedious work to build. Not only that, it cost millions of dollars. With Check, our Partners are building best-in-class payroll products in months and generating revenue as a result. They need to grow quickly to meet their revenue goals, and we need to have the right resources in place to properly enable them for technical success.
We’re looking for a curious and organized individual who wants to challenge themselves at the intersection of several fields. You’ll become an expert in the emerging API infrastructure and embedded fintech landscape, and bring creativity to the decades-old world of payroll.
Based on that knowledge you’ll be the technical voice of partners, guiding Check’s strategic plan, roadmap, and vision. You will build the framework, processes, and best practices for the Technical Account Management function at Check.
In this role, you will:
- Own the post-sale technical strategy and alignment with Partners, ensuring our mutual roadmaps are communicated
- Document and communicate those technical or roadmap updates to necessary teams allowing Check to accurately adjust our planning/resources
- Provide technical guidance and planning with our most strategic partner(s) through our communication channels, conference calls, etc.
- Serve as the escalation point for technical incidents or issues that have surfaced higher than typical support channels
- Communicate technical account planning for our strategic partners to internal stakeholders across Check
- Identify technical content where updates are necessary and assist with release communications for Strategic Partners
- Build our internal technical documentation on partners to decrease front line support response-times and contribute to public documentation found in our Knowledge Base
- Establish key metrics and report to leadership on KPIs to track team performance and prove realized value
- Develop a deep technical understanding of Check, applicable use-cases, and industry-specific knowledge
- Establish relationships with key senior technical customer stakeholders by validating and documenting their technical needs, business objectives and metrics
- Identify trends in product utilization, data, etc. helping to proactively identify issues and resolve them with minimal customer impact
- Advocate for innovation and early adoption of products/solutions available to appropriate customers whether, early access, beta, or generally available solutions with internal and external stakeholders
- Uncover partnership opportunities that are aligned with our partner success, solutions, sales, marketing, or other cross-functional partners
- Perform research based discovery sessions to gather requirements, and engage appropriate teams (Solutions, Product, Engineering, etc.)
- Contribute to achieving key accomplishments as outlined in a partnership joint business plan
- Oversee technical escalations postmortem, RCAs, etc. after incidents or issues with the platform’s various products
- Inform and enable Partners on Check’s proper use (best practices, too) to make payroll simple and generate revenue
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates:
- Have 6+ years in relevant teams in one or more of the following fields such as Technical Consulting, Customer/Partner Success, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture
- Have very deep/thorough understanding of API’s, networking concepts, architecture; ability to troubleshoot (infrequently as needed)
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to provide technical details technical and non-technical audiences alike, simplifying complexities in a concise/clear manner
- Possess necessary troubleshooting skills, ability to use deductive and inductive reasoning to guide Partners through complex or escalated issues
- Are passionate about building strategy, process development, roadmap development
- Leverage writing and documentation in their daily work
- Regularly own and communicate strategic initiatives at all levels of the organization
- Are able to influence structure/process, and can guide others to ensure all teams meet their goals and or timelines
- Ability to understand and analyze technical concepts, software development processes, and software design methodologies and translating them into business terms
- Have a BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Are able to travel occasionally, as required for internal and external engagements
- Our team is distributed across the US, with hubs in New York City and San Francisco.