- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers.
Engineering is the core of Check. We believe payroll can and should be easy-to-use financial software, but getting there requires serious and sustained engineering effort. For our efforts, there is the deep satisfaction that comes from democratizing programmatic access to a huge part of the economy and from delivering people’s paychecks.
For this role, we are seeking an engineering manager with an entrepreneurial mindset, deep technical experience, and high integrity. As one of the first engineering managers at Check, you will have an outsized impact on the direction of the growing engineering organization and our systems.
In this role, you will:
- Work with one or more teams of talented engineers to deliver a robust and compliant payroll infrastructure platform that supports Check and enables our partners’ products as they scale
- Support the team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and productivity
- Help shape our system architecture with a technical and product vision
- Partner with other leaders to build and execute against roadmaps
- Recruit, coach, and develop engineers that exemplify our shared values
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will have:
- Hands on experience scaling critical software platforms in regulated domains
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, and 6+ years of overall software development experience
- Built new, diverse, distributed teams to tackle challenging technical problems
- A record of providing individuals with meaningful opportunities for growth
- Thrived in highly cross-functional organizations
- Our team is distributed across the US, with hubs in New York City and San Francisco.
Don’t see a role that fits your interests? If you’re passionate about working at Check email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you’d like to help.
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com with “accommodations” in the subject line.