- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers.
We believe that the quality of our team is the single biggest determinant of our success. That’s why we’re looking to expand our small recruiting team to partner closely with our Founders, leadership team and Head of People as we significantly grow the organization this year.
As the second Senior Technical Recruiter on the team, you will have the opportunity to make an enormous impact by working closely with engineering hiring managers as a strategic partner to own and manage the entire recruiting lifecycle. You are someone who thrives in a highly visible position where you can help create best in class recruitment strategies and refine existing processes. You will report to the Head of People and can be located anywhere in the United States.
In this role, you will:
- Kick off roles, source, recruit, and close new team members
- Build high-trust relationships with hiring managers and interviewers and communicate weekly progress updates and feedback to the senior leadership team
- Improve our candidate experience by thinking creatively and holistically about how Check is presented
- Partner with the Head of People to establish the foundations of Recruiting as a function at Check
- Develop an understanding of the strategy and skill sets needed for the teams to help create job descriptions and role kick off plans
- Leverage the ATS (we use Greenhouse) to track candidate progress and maintain clean data for reporting
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will:
- Have 6+ years of relevant in-house technical recruiting experience, preferably in a fast growing engineering startup
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented with an interest in digging into recruitment data to analyze trends
- Care deeply about creating a high-touch experience with candidates, interviewers and hiring managers to ensure a positive experience
- Get excited about the challenge of building and scaling a recruiting function at a rapidly growing startup
- Be passionate about DEI&B and constantly evolving your sourcing techniques to identify a broad and wide candidate pool
- Have experience as a strategic partner to the leadership team
- Our team is distributed across the US, with hubs in New York City and San Francisco.
Don’t see a role that fits your interests? If you’re passionate about working at Check email us at email@example.com and tell us how you’d like to help.
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org with “accommodations” in the subject line.