- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers.
As an Engagement Manager at Check, you are a critical stakeholder in a partner’s payroll journey. Successfully deploying a payroll product is more than just a product integration. Externally, it involves managing multiple partner workstreams, including Product, Engineering, Operations, and Support. Internally, it involves coordinating across many cross-functional disciplines, including Sales, Solutions, Product, Engineering, Operations, Compliance, and Partner Success.
You’ll manage partners on their integration, deployment, and go-to-market journey, keeping our mutual teams on-target. In the past, standing up a payroll line-of-business took several years of tedious work. With Check’s product and guidance from our Engagement Managers, our partners are building best-in-class payroll products in months.
In this role, you will:
- Be a trusted advisor to our partners, developing strong relationships with partner team and project sponsors to ensure alignment with their business value
- Evolve and iterate on our engagement strategy
- Partner cross-functionally to translate business needs and product requirements into solutions for customers
- Direct and influence project planning, execution, and delivery; you are the driver
- Oversee the planning, tracking and completion of all project tasks throughout the customer or partner onboarding process — including but not limited to:
- Develop and oversee the project schedule and lead regular onboarding meetings
- Document, coordinate and monitor progress of partner, including ensuring all requirements and milestones are met with high quality
- Identify and understand project risks, coordinate with respective teams as applicable to mitigate and resolve
- Provide ongoing deployment progress to management using relevant reporting tools and dashboards
- Transition the partner from the integration phase to partner success, ensuring all documentation is shared and a knowledge transfer is thorough and complete
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates:
- Have 4+ years of program management experience
- Demonstrate excellent written, presentation, and organizational skills
- Can influence, collaborate and communicate effectively to multiple audiences internally and externally (project-level resources to executives)
- Are process-focused with a strong ability to solve problems by always searching for smarter and better ways to achieve goals
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build professional bridges
- Bring a curious mindset, and are unafraid to raise their voice
- Enjoy building thorough project documentation and ensuring it is accurate over time
- Are flexible and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com with “accommodations” in the subject line.