- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers.
As a Partner Success Manager at Check, you are the true owner and advocate for our Partners. In the past, payroll products took several years of tedious work, costing millions of dollars to build. With Check, our partners are building best-in-class payroll products in months and generating revenue as a result. In order for that revenue to be realized, Partner Success must build strong bridges across our mutual teams and resources.
You’ll manage these partners by establishing and maintaining a communication cadence with your portfolio, and reporting on their status internally. Candidates ideal for this role are able to manage time effectively, and have a knack for ruthless prioritization. We’re looking for a Success Manager that can identify trends, risks, and opportunities in their portfolio -- and create actionable plans as a result.
Ultimately, Partner Success Managers are responsible for protecting and growing Check’s revenue which can only be accomplished through careful and thoughtful partner management. We expect our team to roll up their sleeves and execute with a high degree of autonomy, sharing information and knowledge early and often with peers and internal stakeholders. You will work closely with several cross-functional Checketeers including Sales, Solutions, Product, Engineering, Operations, Compliance, Professional Services, Marketing, and others.
In this role, you will:
- Execute all phases of the post-sales partner lifecycle, including ownership of a target, negotiations, and account (partner) management.
- Be a product and industry expert, and act as a trusted advisor and consultant to ensure your customer is leveraging the full value of Check
- Develop, execute, and maintain a communication cadence with a portfolio of Partners
- Establish strong relationships with decision-makers and key influencers within each account in your book of business
- Identify, clearly communicate and manage risk throughout the year through proactive touchpoints and taking the lead in developing resolution strategies
- Design and execute on a value roadmap for your customers, sometimes working with engineering, product, and design teams to maintain partner centricity
- Communicate mission critical communications to key partners, and navigating escalations as required
- Be consultative and build in-depth relationships and a complete understanding of their business goals and objectives
- Introduce and implement new products and features to your customers based off of needs that you have uncovered in your day to day strategic conversations
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Sales, Support, and Execs) to complete partner goals, be the voice of the partner to provide visibility and/or escalations, and maintain strong reference ability across your portfolio
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates:
- Have 3+ years of experience
- Post-sales account management or existing account growth experience, successfully owning a portfolio of customer or partner relationships with technical/product needs
- Have experience with full ownership of account lifecycle and exceeding revenue targets or goals
- Care about your partners and view their success as your own, demonstrate empathy
- Navigate enterprise organizations’ political landscape to develop and expand relationships
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and maintain record keeping in tools/CRM
- Demonstrate flexibility, learn quickly, and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- Have general experience with or knowledge of software applications i.e. Zendesk, Salesforce, Google Apps, etc.
- Enjoy planning, adjusting, executing, winning, and celebrating as a team
- Experience in SaaS space. Experience in the payroll space is a plus
- BS/BA degree or equivalent required
- Are able to travel occasionally as required
- Our team is distributed across the US, with hubs in New York City and San Francisco.
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org with “accommodations” in the subject line.