- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Data Science
Citymapper’s unique and world-class routing means that we always* find the best results to get our users from A to B. Walk, cycle, bus, metro, train or cable car, we’ve got it all covered.
almost always - that’s where you come in!
We are constantly launching new cities and improving our router, and we need to ensure that our routing results stay up to our high standards. That’s why we’re looking for a Routing Data Analyst to help us maintain our routing excellence.
Your role will have multiple facets:
- Analysing gaps in our current routing and designing solutions to close them
- Migrating our cities to the latest version of our router and seeing results’ quality improve
- Validating our new regions to ensure they get the best quality routing
- Using our tools to understand when users may have expected a different journey
- Assuring quality in new routing features before they are made available to our users
- Suggesting improvements to our internal tools to streamline your workflow
- From understanding why a journey with two metros beats a trolleybus in Mexico; through identifying why a particular station exit can’t be accessed on a journey; seeing new results avoid the GO train in Toronto; comparing if a vaporetto is better than a stroll through Venice; and finally understanding if it makes sense to combine the MRT and LRT for the Train power in Singapore - this is all part of Citymapper’s routing world.
- We are a diverse team of transport enthusiasts, who are not afraid to get our hands dirty when required. Join us for the ride!
- True passion for public transport and delving into complex maps
- Analytical mindset and the drive to get to the bottom of a problem
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Hands-on, practical, pragmatic attitude
- Knowledge and experience of editing OSM is welcome
- Geeky understanding of how public transport networks operate is a plus
- Contractor position in a remote-first team.
- Working on something interesting and meaningful - helping to make cities usable.
- Working with a not-too-big, diverse engineering team.
- Arcane public transport knowledge with which to dazzle your friends.
We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)