- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Data Science
Millions of locals trust Citymapper every day for the best way to get from A to B. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to build the absolutely best data for public transport in our cities. It’s a core role within Citymapper.
As part of the City Operations team, you are in charge of all public transport data in your cities: timetables, real-time departures, disruption alerts, combined with our ever-growing set of self-curated data. You are working on hands-on improvements with an immediate impact on our users. The data sets you are building on a daily basis make the difference between users seeing a bus drive away or reaching it just in time. If a strike, typhoon or carnival hits, you are managing the user communication in real-time.
You are also our eyes and ears in the cities you manage. By talking to local users and transit operators you troubleshoot tricky data bugs. With your deep understanding of how locals use the app in your cities, you influence new features, new partnerships and new tools.
We are a diverse team of transport enthusiasts with a strong technical mindset. We love cities, buses, data and our team pizza with beers every Friday. Join us for the ride!
- True passion for cities, urban transport and maps. Good understanding of how public transport networks operate.
- Technically minded. Willingness to develop skills around transport data, scripting and coding.
- Hands-on attitude. Exceptional attention to detail.
- Transit and language knowhow of some of our existing cities is a plus.
- Accepting applications from all levels of experience.
We’re a genuinely hybrid company. Our employees have the choice of working from our headquarters on the south bank of the Thames in London, or from home (within the UK) - or a bit of both! If you’re based outside of the UK we’re also able to consider UK visa sponsorship for international candidates wanting to relocate to the UK.
- Competitive pay & meaningful equity / stock options
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Generous Family Leave policies for if/when you start a family
- Free dinner in the office every day
- Services to support your mental wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme (we pay in, you pay in)
- Drinks and social events throughout the year
- Citymapper swag
We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).