- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 29, 2021
At Citymapper we’re a small, hard working team on a mission to help make complex cities easy to use.
Our app helps millions of people every day in major cities like London, New York, and Paris by giving them the most up-to-date and complete information on urban transportation options. We are expanding our coverage rapidly, and are now available in over 100 cities worldwide. With Citymapper Pass, we’re simplifying urban mobility, with a weekly subscription covering both public and private transport modes and fully integrated with our app. We’re now also licensing the technology that powers our app to other companies: Powered by Citymapper.
We’re looking for a Finance Assistant to provide support to all areas of our Finance department. This is an opportunity to be part of a small team, assisting with key financial processes to support Citymapper’s ambitious growth plans.
Citymapper’s main office is based on the South Bank in London, but we also support hybrid remote work within the UK.
What the job involves
Ensuring all our Finance processes run smoothly, with the ability to take initiative in growing and improving our Finance capabilities. The role will include but is not limited to:
- Supporting the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable cycle (invoicing, payment runs, credit control)
- Assisting with monthly bank reconciliations and quarterly VAT return and annual external audit process
- Assisting with payroll administration and staff expenses
- As we scale our Finance operations, we expect the role to evolve and include ad-hoc projects and research
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Proficient excel/gsheet skills (pivot tables, vlookups etc.)
- Strong track record of numerical/financial ability (Bachelor’s Degree desirable)
Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Experience using Xero (desirable)
- Experience within a fast growing start-up/scale-up (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles such as double entries and the accruals concept (desirable)
- A passion for Citymapper and our mission
- Competitive pay & meaningful equity / stock options
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Services to support your physical and mental wellbeing
Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme (we pay in, you pay in)
- Food and drinks, and social events throughout the year