- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
What if an app and a card gave you access to everything?
Solving seamless payment for transport remains one of the biggest opportunities in mobility so we built Citymapper PASS – a beautiful, smart travelcard integrated with our everyday multimodal mobility app.
It’s a perfect synthesis of easy-to-use contactless payment technology and our award-winning routing and journey planning app. We launched pre-pandemic in London with a bundle including public transport, cycles and cabs. It was an immediate success but we’re not stopping there...
We’re on a mission to add more features, integrate more transport modes, and explore enterprise and international expansion opportunities – and we want you to lead the way.
- We’re looking for a General Manager to join our PASS team.
- As a business all-rounder with exceptional problem solving and communication skills you’ll take responsibility for the delivery and performance of Citymapper PASS. With a role that touches full-stack from frontend to backend, data science to customer service, and design to business and finance you’ll need to work collaboratively to identify opportunities as the mass-transport world reawakens to altered user behaviours and a permanently changed travel pass market
What you’ll do:
- Define product level goals and objectives, define our roadmap, set KPIs.
- Take responsibility for the delivery and performance of Citymapper PASS using data and feedback to continuously iterate and improve
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to ensure seamless delivery and growth of Citymapper PASS
- Develop a marketing strategy to further promote PASS features and benefits
- Lead the analysis, development, and pricing of new PASS tiers
- Manage our relationships with new and existing fintech and payment suppliers
- Use a range of inputs from data, customer feedback and your own judgement to build a prioritised product backlog
- Manage our customer support function to help deliver a great experience to our users
- At least 2+ years’ experience in a startup leadership position, managing commercial and product functions with P&L responsibilty
- Prior experience in payment/fintech environments a plus
- Demonstrable experience of nurturing and growing great products
- An understanding and appreciation for working in a fast-paced technical team
- Excellent problem-solving skills; you need to be naturally curious and enjoy identifying and delivering solutions to complex problems
- Empathy, and a passion for building the best user experience for Citymapper PASS users
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for using data and insights in decision making
- Self starter, comfortable with ambiguity
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity / stock options
- Working on an app with worldwide impact, working on something that ‘matters’
- Have influence on a product that millions of people use every day
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Spill well-being service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly yoga and meditation sessions (online due to COVID)
- Pension scheme (we pay in, you pay in, happy retirement!)
- Social events throughout the year
- Friday food, beer, and more food (hampers delivered to you at home during COVID)
- Citymapper swag
We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).