- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Product Engineering
Citymapper is built for locals; one app that makes people feel like a local in cities across the world. Your mission is to ensure the app speaks with one voice across all languages - the bits of the app that you’ll manage are seen by millions of commuters every day (no pressure).
This role requires project management superpowers. You’ll coordinate with different teams both internally and externally - from the mobile team and design team, to internal polyglot colleagues and external translation vendors - to make sure new features ship on time in all languages with consistent tone and top quality.
As you get deeper into the role you’ll continuously challenge the status quo and push for improvements to make the localisation workflow more efficient: new tools, new processes, new external partners, new languages.
Citymapper’s main office is in London, and we also support hybrid and remote work within the UK.
- 3+ years of working with consumer product localisation (preferably mobile-focussed)
- Experience of dealing with translation vendors, and establishing style guidelines and glossaries for such vendors
- Excellent organisation, project management and communication skills
- Excellent feel for languages and local terminology (a bike is not a bicycle)
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Experience with one of the following Translation Management Systems is a plus: Phrase, Crowdin, Localize, POEditor
- Tech start-up experience a plus
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity / stock options
- Working on an app with worldwide impact - help to make cities usable
- Influence over the product that you and your friends use every day
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Spill well-being service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly yoga and meditation sessions (online due to COVID)
- Pension scheme (we pay in, you pay in, happy retirement!)
- Social events throughout the year
- Friday food, beer, and more food (delivered to you at home during COVID)
- Citymapper swag
- We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)