- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
Citymapper makes cities usable, helping people move through our urban spaces, getting people from A to B.
One of the hardest problems at Citymapper is staying a step ahead of our engineers; one of the smartest, hard-working, get-things-done-ing-est groups of people you’ll ever meet. But that ability to stay ahead is exactly what we require from our senior and lead engineers. We need great architects and leaders, incredible coders and hackers, excellent developers, veteran explorers. We need people who can leverage their experience to guide our organisation as well as our individual engineers.
Whether you want to be the technical authority that everyone turns to, or the people manager that everyone relies on, we offer roles and career progression for both of these paths. If you want to do both then that’s cool, too - unlike bigger organisations this is still possible within the Citymapper engineering team.
Citymapper’s main office is in London, and we also support hybrid and remote work within the UK.
What You’ll Do:
- Design features and systems with a focus on simplicity and reducing maintenance
- Support your team with technical guidance, help them to be better engineers
- Work closely with product managers to ensure that we’re building what’s needed most
- Develop and continually improve weekly rhythms that work for your team
- Clearly communicate technical challenges and trade-offs to stakeholders in the company
- Get your hands dirty! establish best practice through leading by example
- Demonstrable experience leading a product focused team and working directly with product managers.
- Tech: Mostly Python 3, AWS Lambda, EC2 and RDS.
- Tooling: GitHub, AWS, SQL, Linux.
- Best practices: code reviews, tests, CI.
- An ability to get stuck in!
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity / stock options
- Working on an app with worldwide impact - help to make cities usable
- Influence over the product that you and your friends use every day
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Spill well-being service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly yoga and meditation sessions (online due to COVID)
- Pension scheme (we pay in, you pay in, happy retirement!)
- Social events throughout the year
- Friday food, beer, and more food (hampers delivered to you at home during COVID)
- Citymapper swag
- We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)