- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Dec. 15, 2021
- Software Engineering
Citymapper makes cities usable, helping people move through urban spaces, getting people from A to B. We’re looking for a Full Stack/Web Engineer with some backend as well as frontend experience to join our Cities Engineering Team.
Our Cities Engineering Team manages our in-house data pipeline and creates bespoke tools and applications for our data analysts. As a Full Stack/Web Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for shaping, designing and maintaining the UI for upcoming projects and existing tools.
This role covers a huge array of problem spaces; some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Creating sophisticated internal tools to help double our number of cities
- Participating in the discussion on what we should do with our web tech
- Supporting other devs to help them grow in skill and knowledge
- Ensuring the infrastructure can scale around the world
In the course of doing these things, you will:
- Write code and tests in Python 3
- Deploy and support your code on AWS (We use AWS ECS for most of our tools)
- Wrangle our webpack pipelines
- Support and be supported by an incredibly welcoming team
- Design and implement features of all sizes, from user authentication flow to complex bus route maps
- Work side-by-side with talented software engineers, product designers, data scientists, and customer support operatives on a day-to-day basis
- Learn and grow at a dizzying pace
- Teach us how to be better
We need you to be smart, curious, and keen to get stuck in. Some commercial experience building full-stack apps - from infrastructure to CSS- is preferred, however we accept applications from recent grads who can demonstrate proficiency with our stack.
- Frontend: React (with Next.js in some places), Redux, CSS-in-JS
- Backend: mostly Python 3 and Node.js, AWS EC2, Lambda and RDS.
- Tooling: GitHub, yarn, webpack, AWS, SQL, Linux
- Best practices: code reviews, tests, CI
We’re a genuinely hybrid company. Our employees have the choice of working from our headquarters on the south bank of the Thames in London, or from home (within the UK) - or a bit of both! If you’re based outside of the UK we’re also able to consider UK visa sponsorship for international candidates wanting to relocate to the UK.
- Competitive pay & meaningful equity / stock options
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Generous Family Leave policies for if/when you start a family
- Free dinner in the office every day
- Services to support your mental wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme (we pay in, you pay in)
- Drinks and social events throughout the year
- Citymapper swag
We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).