- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
Citymapper makes cities usable, helping people move through our urban spaces, getting people from A to B.
Citymapper Pass is a natural next step for the world’s best transport app - solving ticketing. Urban mobility is changing and Pass offers a weekly subscription covering all modes of transport in a city; simplifying booking and payment across public and private transit.
You will help us build better user experiences around paying for your daily commute, scale and secure infrastructure for a growing user base, explore the byzantine charging patterns of TfL, and help expand Pass to a global audience.
This role means trying to answer questions like:
- What could be better about paying for the tube every day?
- How can we programmatically enforce a consistent transaction ledger?
- How do we make sure payments always succeed?
- Can we drive a change in behaviour when the user is not in the app?
- What’s a sensible infrastructure where determinism is more important than latency?
- How do we ship quickly without compromising on reliability and predictability?
- Is get-me-home green better than hot coral?
Whether you are junior, senior, or Margaret Hamilton, you will:
- Write Python 3 code and tests
- Deploy and support your code on AWS
- Support and be supported by an incredibly welcoming team
- Design and implement features of all sizes, from a blinking home screen indicator to a Payment Services Directive 2 compliant user authentication flow
- Work side-by-side with talented software engineers, product designers, data scientists, and customer support operatives on a day-to-day basis
- Learn and grow at a dizzying pace
- Teach us how to be better
- Citymapper’s main office is in London, and we also support hybrid and remote work within the UK.
Ultimately we don’t have hard requirements beyond needing you to be smart, curious, and keen to get stuck in.
- Tech: Mostly Python 3, AWS Lambda, EC2 and RDS
- Tooling: GitHub, AWS, SQL, Linux
- Best practices: code reviews, tests, CI
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity / stock options
- Working on an app with worldwide impact, working on something that ‘matters’
- Have influence on a product that millions of people use every day
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Spill well-being service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly yoga and meditation sessions (online due to COVID)
- Pension scheme (we pay in, you pay in, happy retirement!)
- Social events throughout the year
- Friday food, beer, and more food (hampers delivered to you at home during COVID)
- Citymapper swag
We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).