- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Open Source
ClickHouse has arrived: we are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
ClickHouse is searching for individuals who are not just knowledgeable about what they do, but want to learn more. Our ideal candidates are thinkers and doers who are not afraid to take on various roles and responsibilities as they grow with the company. If you are looking for a place to build something new, be an agent of change, and have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the company’s success, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a technical writer who can work cross-functionally amongst engineering, product and development teams to help us establish and maintain our technical documentation. You will be a foundational part of ClickHouse that will build strong relationships across the business to stay on top of upcoming products and features, and ensure that information is accessible to every customer level, including developers and non-technical users. You’ll also continuously improve existing documentation and processes as we grow.
What you will be doing:
- Own and develop the documentation for ClickHouse’s core technology and the cloud service.
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation.
- Assist in defining standards, style, and terminology.
- Write knowledge center content for internal and external audiences across multiple mediums (blog posts, videos, etc.)
- Produce content about ClickHouse’s features, including contextual content that clarifies why and when a user might use a feature or workflow.
- Communicate with software engineers and sales to make sure that all necessary nuances are covered and help define writing projects and determine priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in a professional voice that is tuned to different audiences.
- Proven history of creating technical product documentation from scratch or from existing specs.
- Experience documenting complex infrastructure products, preferably databases and cloud services.
- A data-driven approach to content planning, execution, validation, and impact analysis
- PLEASE NOTE, writing samples must be submitted with your application for consideration.
- Familiarity with open-source platforms
- Knowledge of Cloud or previous Cloud experience
- Previous contributions to open source projects.
- Flexible work environment- All of our roles are fully remote. We do not check when you log in or out. You are the owner of your calendar because work-life balance is important to us.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits. We aim to be a best-in-class provider for all of our employees.
- Equity- Any new team member who joins our company is eligible to receive stock options.
- Our competitive time-off policy complies with all local country laws at a minimum of given time off + all paid bank holidays
ClickHouse, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.