- United States
- Date Posted
- Oct. 12, 2021
- Business Development
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 42,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. and our distributed team works collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
Business Development at Coalition is about creating and maintaining relationships with our brokerage partners and customers. We are looking for seasoned sales professionals for our Central US territory to help us develop and empower the success of our partners by matching Coalition’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities with a broker’s business goals. This position can be based remotely anywhere in the Central US.
- Develop new agency relationships from inbound leads and strategic outreach
- Identify target agencies for new outbound campaigns
- Meet target quota of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline and closed business
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results
- Manage all post-sales activities for Coalition’s broker partners through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning and execution
- Own the ultimate responsibility for brokers’ satisfaction with Coalition’s services
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions (insurance and technology) and speak with brokers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Identify risks to the brokers achieving their stated business goals and work to resolve
- Monitor performance and identify trends in Coalition adoption and utilization and provide guidance to brokers as part of their periodic Success Review
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience selling commercial insurance
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts and terms
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Current P&C (property & casualty) license
- Familiarity with Cyber Liability and Technology E&O (errors & omissions) insurance
- Existing relationships with potential broker partners
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.