- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 7, 2021
- Data Science
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it’s no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That’s why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
Coalition is looking for a marketing focused data scientist to join our rapidly growing data science team. You will use analytics, experimentation, and statistics to help us understand and improve our go-to-market strategy and operations, with an emphasis on understanding the efficacy of marketing activities on the growth of the business. You will communicate findings across the company and take a role in driving a data-driven go-to-market strategy.
- Generate tactical and strategic insights to improve marketing effectiveness
- Support reporting, analytics, and machine-learning needs of the entire Marketing team
- Master and be responsible for the analytical understanding of customer behavior and business performance
- Perform ongoing analyses to evaluate the efficiency of our marketing spend, building reporting infrastructure, and assisting in making budgeting recommendations to optimize growth.
- Using combined understanding of marketing / media and advanced analytics to advise on KPIs for measurement and interpret marketing / media reporting
- Develop, implement, and refine core marketing measurement frameworks and models, including attribution, churn, CLV, return on investment, experiment methodology, and segmentation
- Play a foundational role in deciding how we can best engage and grow Coalition users by determining and helping to execute on opportunities for growth through analysis of behavioral and transactional data
- Identify key metrics that drive the performance of marketing channels and marketing products, make these accessible to partners through dashboards and reports, and drive these metrics through statistical analyses of experiments
- Spread data science best practices to both data science and marketing teams
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in a professional analytics / data science capacity
- Experience writing SQL queries to extract and prepare data for modeling and analyses
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Comfortable guiding others, recommending tools and standard methodologies to improve the efficiency of the teams work
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Passionate about subjects such as experimental design, data visualization, and statistical analysis techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience with acquisition and retention marketing operations, channel attribution, churn and lifetime value models, analytical tools and infrastructure, and finding efficient growth strategies a plus
- Experience working with marketing data models, including those from Marketo, Salesforce, Amplitude, and Segment
- Experience working in Tableau/Looker or similar data visualization tool
- Experience as a Programmer - Python, R, Perl, Java, and/or C++
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or related technical field
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, and authenticity. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it. Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.