- Date Posted
- Nov. 3, 2021
- Design & UI
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 42,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. and our distributed team works collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About the Role
You’ll be responsible for providing amazing user experiences for internal and external customers by maintaining and contributing to web applications, components, packaging configurations, and architecture decision records. You will collaborate with design, product, engineering, and business stakeholders to pull together all the threads that help us deliver and operate quality user experiences across the web and mobile.
- Build out high-quality user experiences within software applications and components
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders including product, design, sales, and others to help break down business requirements into actionable plans
- Collaborate with Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to develop and deliver applications in a repeatable, stable, and joyful software development lifecycle
- Develop test cases and uphold standards of engineering excellence
- Make Coalition a better place by taking on the unseen, unforeseen, and important items that come up along the way
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer Science or Engineering degree - a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of hands-on software development experience building SPAs, components, and interactive experiences - It’s not the years, it’s the miles!
- Experience building apps with React and TypeScript
- Experience a styling solution like CSS-in-JS, Emotion or styled-components
- Experience writing tests using Jest and React Testing Library
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and the DOM
- Competent use of git and GitHub to collaborate in a team environment
- Proficiency working in an agile environment (SCRUM, KANBAN) with JIRA
- Experience building apps with Next.js (with SSR)
- Experience building UIs with Material UI
- Experience using Nivo for datavis
- Experience writing custom ESLint rules (big bonus points!)
- Experience working in a monorepo/multi-package repo (Yarn Workspaces, Lerna)
- Experience configuring and maintaining frontend project tooling (Webpack, Babel, ESLint)
- Prior FinTech, InsurTech or Cyber Security experience
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Closes $205 Million Series E, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider At More Than $3.5 Billion
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.