- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 3, 2021
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 42,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. and our distributed team works collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About the Role
The position reports to the Corporate Controller and will be accountable for the basics including the control environment, the trial balance, all accounting decisions and the quality of commentary, analysis and reporting. You will coordinate technical accounting research in areas such as lease accounting, software capitalization, and equity transactions and will support the monthly close process, the quarterly and annual financial reporting process, and Sarbanes-Oxley activities regarding essential controls.
- Provide strong proactive support to the Controller. Support the resolution of technical accounting matters including research and documentation with proven ability to research and clearly articulate and document complex technical accounting issues.
- Attain deep technical knowledge across multiple revenue streams while actively cascading that knowledge to help build strong and well informed operational and project teams.
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature for critical accounting issues and guide the early assessment for and related implementation of new accounting pronouncements, related disclosures, and other GAAP/SEC implementation issues, including roll out of training.
- Provide input and quality control over earnings presentations and investor meetings materials.
- Assist in the drafting and maintenance of financial policies and procedures for company-wide use.
- Oversee and adhere to regulatory, statutory and tax requirements. Coordinate statutory, audit and tax financial requirements ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Manage stock administration and equity compensation accounting.
- Oversee Corporate Accounting activities and controls, including monthly close, corporate financials, Health & Welfare accounting, deferred compensation and incentive accruals, long-term debt, software capitalization, cash, prepaids, fixed assets, insurance, accounts payable accruals, allocations, and Government reporting/surveys.
- Uphold commitment to quality through robust review and analysis.
- Support the external auditors’ audit/reviews of SEC filings, as required.
- Participate in the budget process led by FP&A. Collaborate with Corporate FP&A lead to ensure consistency of reporting between Controllership and FP&A.
- Train and mentor the finance team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- CPA required
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of accounting and controllership experience in technology environment
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP, SEC financial reporting, and management reporting and analysis with a solution-oriented mindset
- Experience with NetSuite, Carta
- Insurance industry experience
- Public company experience compiling and reviewing Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, and 11-K and disclosures
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Closes $205 Million Series E, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider At More Than $3.5 Billion
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.