- United States
- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 42,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. and our distributed team works collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
The FP&A Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations and financial reporting for all of our insurance activity. This role is on the Finance team and works closely with Customer Success, Engineering, and Product teams to ensure policy data is complete, accurate, and timely. Success in this role requires collaboration and communication along with the ability to navigate monthly close activities. All while keeping a keen eye on efficiency improvement and developing and maintaining key controls.
- Support annual plan & forecasts including monthly/quarterly trends
- Develop and maintain monthly/quarterly reporting packages
- Perform monthly analysis of the P&L accounts and research drivers
- Support build and automation of standard reporting
- Reconcile data between internal systems: Netsuite, Internal Platform, Looker, Salesforce, etc
- Manage carrier reporting; including remittance reporting, discrepancy logs and feed submissions to carrier partners
- Continually adapt budget templates and processes for tracking and reporting
- Collaborate with Finance and other business partners on ad hoc requests
- Accurate and timely Bordereau and Account Currents/data feed submissions to carrier partners and other internal and external stakeholders
- Drive efficiency improvement while managing the month-end close and financial reporting for the account current transactions
- Develop and implement key controls
- Support the audit of the consolidated and insurance specific financial data/statements.
- Contribute on critical finance team projects, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, global close efficiency and management reporting.
- Mentor, guide and review the work of other supporting team members across departments
- Review reinsurance contracts/agreements and apply parameters to accounting of transactions; ensure all recorded transactions are in-line with the reinsurance contract
- Communicate with Brokers and Agencies as necessary
- Experience in the insurance industry is a preferred; Prior MGA / Agency / InsurTech experience strongly preferred
- Bordereau management/data feed experience preferred
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with excel and google drive
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Comfortable in a quickly changing and dynamic environment
- Takes pride in delivering high-quality client service outcomes and satisfaction
- Self-confident with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high transaction volume environments
- Self-motivated, highly organized, positive, and able to focus on delivering high-quality and timely results for projects and assignments
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Closes $205 Million Series E, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider At More Than $3.5 Billion
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.