- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Portugal.
About the Role
One thing that is constant at Coalition is the fast pace of change -- new geographies, partner integrations, billing models, and more. We’ve built infrastructure that allows us to adapt to business needs quickly at scale. We are continuously innovating, and have a number of large scale projects running concurrently at any time. We are looking for deep experience in both Finance and Program Management to help us map out deliverables, manage internal and external commitments and accountability, and deliver these important projects successfully.
- Project Establishment – Work with stakeholders to identify the problem. Take the lead role with project owners, sponsors and subject matter experts to align on a project charter that defines the project objectives, success criteria, governance structure and a delivery plan that sets the project up for success
- Planning - Develop a comprehensive project management plan that stakeholders, teams, and sponsors can follow throughout each phase of the project
- Execution – Guide and manage the project in every aspect, including overseeing technology, processes and change management. Dive deep where needed to resolve blocking issues during project execution, testing, launch and cutover.
- Monitoring and Controlling – Manage, track and monitor all project activities, control quality standards, and ensure all are focused on the correct outcomes. Drive benchmarking and development of performance metrics.
- Stakeholder Management – Present and articulate complex concepts to cross-functional executive audiences. Communicate status, issues and risks to all stakeholders, escalating any issues as needed on a timely basis. Manage internal and 3rd party partners to ensure common understanding. Bring clarity and composure to a complex and changing environment.
Skill and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field of study
- Qualified Accountant with 4-5 Years of functional accounting experience
- Recognized Project Management qualification (Prince2, Agile, APM)
- At least 5 years of experience leading complex Finance Projects (Systems Implementation, Integration, and Process Improvement, Controls framework)
- Experience with Netsuite and Jira
- Financial Services Industry experience in publicly traded companies
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.