- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 130,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. Our distributed teams work collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
We are looking for a dynamic individual who will take ownership of a renewal book of business from an assigned premium band, and partner closely with our Production Underwriters to service this book of business and also help develop growth with a select few assigned brokers. The Renewal Production Underwriter will primarily underwrite and manage Coalition’s Technology E&O and Cyber products. The person in this role will consistently take a customer-centric approach to their work and work towards becoming a subject matter expert. If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you.
- Work closely with sales, Production Underwriters and product staff to assess cyber products and capabilities.
- Manage a renewal book of business with key strategic relationships in order to achieve profit targets.
- Identify new customers through effective pipelining, pre-qualification, and territory analysis/management.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the local cyber insurance marketplace and trends, Coalition’s capabilities within the geography, and corporate vision.
- Work collaboratively with assigned underwriters to develop and execute recommendations to profitably capture market share across assigned geography.
Skills and Qualifications
- A demonstrated track record of success, with underwriting and point-of-sale competencies.
- Minimum of 1 year of multi-line underwriting experience; ideally within the Technology E&O/Cyber segment; knowledge of policy issuance and processing center workflows.
- Strong sales, communication and marketing skills are critical; must be able to demonstrate success with managing tight time frames, high volumes of work, direct agency relationships.
- Proficient background in risk analysis Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve an established renewal retention rate
- Negotiation, relationship-building, and influencing skills, and a creative approach to challenges and opportunities.
- 4-year college degree preferred; professional designations such as CIC and CPCU preferred.
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.