- Provo, UT
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Portugal.
About The Role
Exciting full cycle accounting role for a talented individual with a growth mindset who wants to join a lean yet mighty team in a dynamic company. You should be passionate about details, setting and meeting deadlines, customer service, follow-up, teamwork, and understand urgency around a monthly close. Great opportunity to learn all aspects of financial statement creation and reporting, as well as other items that fall under the Controller team’s umbrella.
- Full cycle accounting transaction processing
- Review payroll processing data, produce and book payroll journal entries
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts, bank reconciliations, and provide monthly close deliverables as assigned
- Subsidiary operating transaction processing
- Credit Card program maintenance, compliance, coding, syncing, reconciling
- Month-end variance analysis and related schedules/reporting; business reporting reconciliation and remittances
- AP entry and related internal and external communications, ensuring all items are coded accurately
- Maintain vendor contract database
- Expense report processing and reporting
- Validate data and create customer invoices, communicate internally and externally
- Book daily customer receipts and conduct variance investigations
- Insurance business accounting, reconciliation, reporting, and discrepancy investigation
- Consistently and accurately update and maintain data used for team reporting
- Contribute to improving, documenting, and automating accounting processes
- Perform one-off projects and analysis as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Growth mentality, self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Customer service mindset; this role works closely with internal and external stakeholders
- A high level of independence, accountability, teamwork, good judgment and attention to detail in a fast-paced & rapidly changing environment
- Anticipates problems and meets deadlines
- Eager to take on new tasks
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Proficiency in ERP Systems (NetSuite preferred), intermediate Excel skills, and familiarity with online banking systems, bill.com, and expensify
- 2-3 years of experience in an industry full cycle accounting role
- Big 4 or regional audit firm experience
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.