- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 130,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. Our distributed teams work collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About the Role
Underwriting at Coalition is about finding ways to help our clients solve cyber risk. We are looking for a seasoned professional with knowledge of cyber and technology professional underwriting and policy language to join our growing team.
This is a fully-remote position that can be based anywhere in the U.S.
- Work with Claim, Underwriting and Business Development teams to identify priorities for new policy language to support
- Lead the development of new policy forms and endorsements with input from Claim, Underwriting and Business Development teams
- Coordinate usage rules for new forms with Underwriting leadership
- Project manage the implementation of new policy forms and endorsements with carrier partners and engineering
- Update endorsement reference Wiki’s and provide information on new wordings to underwriting, claim and business development teams
- Participate in the development and updating of new carrier and internal underwriting guidelines
- Lead coverage education efforts for broker and new hires
- Support the marketing team by writing articles for publication on our blog and other media, speaking on panels addressing cyber and tech coverage and developing marketing materials for new product offerings
- Perform post claim file review and development tracking mechanism for recommended updates in policy language and guidelines based on these findings
- Underwrite primary and excess cyber and tech accounts as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong grasp of cyber and technology insurance underwriting
- Expert knowledge of cyber and technology insurance coverage wordings including necessary safeguards and competitor wordings
- Experience drafting wordings and negotiating with brokers and carriers
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF
- Juris Doctor
- Experience with other financial lines products (miscellaneous professional, directors and officers, employment practices, etc)
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.