- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Portugal.
About the role
Our People team is at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for an experienced, passionate People Operations Manager to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of our People Team, and join us in our mission to deliver the best employee experience at Coalition. This role will partner cross-functionally to improve and manage People processes, systems and data to support our rapid growth (including international expansion).
The People Operations Manager will drive our People Team analytics practice, which is essential to driving our people strategy and business decisions. The People Operations Manager will also support the HR team by participating in the design and management of the workflows for Performance Management, HR business partner activities, and operational expansion. The ideal candidate is someone who cares deeply about driving operational excellence, enjoys problem solving and is excited to tackle new challenges.
- Own the end-to-end project management for critical People Team projects including procuring and launching new HR systems, changes in benefits administration, and enabling manager and employee self-service.
- Develop a best-in-class People Analytics practice to institutionalize a culture of data driven decision making and accountability around hitting key business metrics. This includes owning all People metrics, including helping establish KPIs and evaluating results vs. goals.
- Support People team to streamline and scale processes, including performance reviews, leaves of absence, onboarding
- Support the design and implementation of our international expansion strategy from the People perspective
- Ensure People Team processes are well-documented and updated, and employee data is up-to-date and accurate
- Advise on the design of our company policies and benefits as we work to maintain compliant, competitive and fair policies across all global offices
- Design scalable, compliant practices, and assist in audits
- Partner with vendors and HR experts so that the People team stays educated and up-to-date on the latest technologies, practices and HR trends
Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years People Operations experience, preferably within a company experiencing hyper-growth
- Must demonstrate exceptional project management skills, ideally with experience utilizing modern tools for tracking and visibility
- Must be analytical and have a systematic approach to problem solving, understanding how things affect one another in an overall system
- Solid understanding of people analytics; performance review and compensation management; and benefits
- Proven experience designing the people experience lifecycle and building trust cross-functionally
- Experience designing and implementing HR systems from concept to rollout
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and willingness to roll your sleeves up – we have to be willing and positive about wearing a lot of hats!
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and demonstrate critical thinking
- Self-motivated, collaborative individual with a small ego, owner mentality and sense of humor
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and versatility to manage multiple projects, priorities and urgent issues successfully and simultaneously
- Bonus points for experience supporting HR functions across multiple locations (North America, Europe)
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.