- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 31, 2021
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it’s no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That’s why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
The Claims team at Coalition stands apart for our outstanding level of client service and intelligent handling of claims for our insured customers. As a team, Claims is about finding ways to help our clients solve cyber risk. As we continue to expand, we are seeking an experienced claims professional to join our cyber claims team and to lend a hand in handling complex primary Cyber, Tech, and Media policies. You will also provide support to the underwriting team and manage/collaborate with a variety of vendors namely - breach coaches, defense counsel, and coverage counsel for Coalition and its partner carriers.
This is a fully remote position but we are looking to hire on the West and East Coast (US).
- Handle the intake of cyber events, including the coordination with breach counsel, forensic investigators and other vendors
- Evaluate full pending of claims in connection with the posting and recommending accurate reserves
- Maintain accurate file documentation/information in our claims system
- Analyze liability and damage data in connection with complex claims, maintain appropriate documentation
- Analyze insurance coverage issues
- Intelligently manage and track third-party vendors and service providers work and spend
- Maintain and develop relationships with brokers, various positions within an insureds’ business including: risk managers, general counsels, and a variety of vendors
- Identify settlement opportunities to maximize impact
- Collaborate in the defense and resolution of claims
- Provide data and analytic based-informational support to underwriters
- Provide support to business development with regard to marketing
- Liaise with partner carriers on a daily basis
- 4+ years of experience handling Cyber, Tech, Media claims other MPL experience highly desired
- Must have recent, verifiable experience with handling cybersecurity claims
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, interact with others, meet deadlines, and successfully perform in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented with ability to excel in a collegial environment but work independently
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.