- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 130,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. Our distributed teams work collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About the Role
The Claims team at Coalition stands apart for our outstanding level of client service and intelligent handling of claims for our insured customers. As a team, Claims is about finding ways to help our clients solve cyber risk. As we continue to expand, we are seeking an experienced claims professional to join our cyber claims team and to lend a hand in handling complex primary Cyber, Tech, and Media policies. You will also provide support to the underwriting team and manage/collaborate with a variety of vendors namely - breach coaches, defense counsel, and coverage counsel for Coalition and its partner carriers.
This is a fully remote position, and we are looking to hire in the Western US.
- Handle the intake of cyber events, including the coordination with breach counsel, forensic investigators and other vendors
- Evaluate full pending of claims in connection with the posting and recommending accurate reserves
- Maintain accurate file documentation/information in our claims system
- Analyze liability and damage data in connection with complex claims, maintain appropriate documentation
- Analyze insurance coverage issues
- Intelligently manage and track third-party vendors and service providers work and spend
- Maintain and develop relationships with brokers, various positions within an insureds’ business including: risk managers, general counsels, and a variety of vendors
- Identify settlement opportunities to maximize impact
- Collaborate in the defense and resolution of claims
- Provide data and analytic based-informational support to underwriters
- Provide support to business development with regard to marketing
- Liaise with partner carriers on a daily basis
- 4+ years of experience handling Cyber, Tech, Media claims other MPL experience highly desired
- Must have recent, verifiable experience with handling cybersecurity claims
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, interact with others, meet deadlines, and successfully perform in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented with ability to excel in a collegial environment but work independently
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.