- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Portugal.
About The Role
We are looking for a dynamic individual who will take ownership of actively generating profitable business from an assigned group of brokers, and partner closely with our Sales organization. The Production Underwriter will primarily underwrite and manage a wide range of products, including Coalition’s Technology E&O and Cyber. The person in this role will be the subject matter expert for technology, and will consistently take a customer-centric approach to their work. The ideal candidate will have the ability to educate both brokers and customers on how to keep their businesses protected. If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you.
This is a fully remote position, and we are looking to hire in the Los Angeles or Orange County, CA metro areas.
- Work closely with sales and product staff to assess cyber products and capabilities.
- Work with the Sales organization, execute strategies specific to technology and cyber insurance, and develop and manage key strategic relationships in order to achieve production and profit targets.
- Identify new customers through effective pipelining, pre-qualification, and territory analysis/management.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of the local cyber insurance marketplace and trends, Coalition’s capabilities within the geography, and corporate vision.
- Develop and execute recommendations to profitably capture market share across assigned geography.
Skills and Qualifications
- A demonstrated track record of success, with strong underwriting and point-of-sale competencies.
- Ability to work independently within the current level of underwriting authority.
- Minimum of 3 years of multi-line underwriting experience within the Technology E&O/Cyber segment; knowledge of policy issuance and processing center workflows.
- Strong sales, communication and marketing skills are critical; must be able to demonstrate success with managing tight time frames, high volumes of work, direct agency relationships.
- Proficient background in risk analysis (especially in Technology cyber insurance).
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual production goals.
- Negotiation, relationship-building, and influencing skills, and a creative approach to challenges and opportunities.
- 4-year college degree preferred; professional designations such as CIC and CPCU preferred.
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.