- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Portugal.
About the role
Risk Engineering at Coalition is about finding ways to help our clients solve cyber risk. We are looking for an experienced cyber and technology E&O underwriter to help us use Coalition’s best ideas and unique capabilities to profitably grow our business.
- Analytically research policyholders and risks as needed
- Eloquently manage relationships with insurance brokers to negotiate pricing, coverages and other terms
- Create new and maintain current processes for renewal business to meet our customer service standards
- Actively participate in determining our approach to emerging threats, loss trends, marketplace changes and other trends in cyber and technology risks
- Keep an avid pulse on cyber and technology marketplaces and trends in the industry
- Easily identify areas where our unique capabilities provide us with a competitive advantage and build out processes that support these
- Partner with Customer Success and Engineering teams to continually improve our technology and broker experiences
- Work alongside the Business Development team to support their goals and strengthen partnerships with brokers
- Collaborate with Security Engineers to review cyber and tech E&O accounts for risk acceptability
- Serve as a subject matter expert for team on coverage matter and endorsement drafting
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience underwriting cyber and technology E&O
- Experience handling a high volume of business
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Existing relationships with potential broker partners
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.