- United States
- Date Posted
- Oct. 12, 2021
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 42,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. and our distributed team works collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer (remote) to be a key leader in expanding Coalition’s internal security program. This role will serve as a full-spectrum security engineer with a strong focus on detection and response. Securing Coalition is essential to protecting our policyholders and achieving Coalition’s goals of solving cyber-security risk. The Infosec team leads the company-wide efforts to improve Coalition’s security posture in close collaboration with Product, Engineering, and IT.
This is an engineering role and you will be a key contributor to our roadmap while building innovative and scalable detection/response solutions. We’re targeted by the most capable adversaries and Infosec has excellent visibility and support from the entire company. You will use modern cloud technology stacks in both the production and corporate environment and influence major security technology decisions. The role will report to the Director of Security & Infrastructure under the Engineering department and partner with the IT, Security Engineering and Platform Engineering teams.
- Provide expert experience building information security programs to include hands-on selection, implementation and/or assessment of security controls
- Evaluate, test, implement, and operate endpoint, cloud, and network-based security tools to enhance Infosec’s monitoring of the technology environment
- Respond to computer security incidents and/or collect, analyze and disseminate cyber threat intelligence
- Hunt for threats by monitoring logs, behavioral data, and other data sources
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years of security engineering experience with a focus on attack detection and response. Especially in macOS, AWS, and SaaS environments
- 1+ years development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated expert understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures
- Experience with the critical tools used in security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis or other areas of security operations
- Expertise with security information and event management (SIEM) systems and writing high-signal, low-noise detections.
- Knowledge and operational use of major cloud technologies
- Incorporates Cyber Threat Intelligence and Cyber Security Awareness concepts into programs as necessary to address risk from internal and external threats
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences - articulate security risk and mitigate controls to management. Empathetic and proactive in supporting business needs.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting for development of security tools and industry frameworks is helpful
- Knowledge of tiered operational support involving all aspects of the monitoring, response and triage of cybersecurity events
- Experience with SOAR platforms (Demisto, Phantom, etc.)
- Experience with MITRE ATT&CK framework, and ability to adapt these adversary techniques, tactics, and procedures to IDS and SIEM rules
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and management tooling, such as Nmap, Nessus, Nexpose, Qualys, Burp, Kali, Metasploit, or other offensive tools
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.