- Date Posted
- Dec. 7, 2021
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it’s no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That’s why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
As a Security Researcher at Coalition you’re expected to investigate new vulnerabilities, scanning and data collection techniques that will continuously put Coalition at the forefront of Security research. You have a passion for data and security and using it to understand the risk exposure of companies. You enjoy working on novel research and are capable of thinking how to relate your findings to business needs
- Large scale data analysis with the objective of producing valuable signals to be used for underwriting or risk evaluation of organizations
- Design new methods to collect data at large scale or enhance current existent methods.
- Develop and present proof of concept prototypes that promote innovation and shape part of our roadmap
- Consume industry research and findings and understand how it applies to our systems and methodologies.
- Conduct research on vulnerabilities discovered and develop novel methods to identify exposure of our customers to those vulnerabilities
- Analyze 3rd party data sources and produce quality analysis reports on coverage and risk signals for our customers
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong expertise with network protocols (L3 to L5), web technologies and security
- Experience with scraping and data collection
- Experience coding with Python, Go or R
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to develop rapid proof of concepts
- Capable of working with remote teams
- Passion about data analysis and machine learning
- Passion about producing signals that turn into a useful metric for end customers to understand and improve their cybersecurity maturity
- Prior experience or willingness to learn how to work with large datasets and big data technologies (Apache Storm, AWS Athena, AWS EMR)
- Experience with techniques such as: Anomaly detection, Clustering, Named Entity Recognition, OCR, Graph Databases
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, and authenticity. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it. Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.