- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Portugal.
About The Role
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Paralegal to support our Legal team and the growth of our business, which exists at the intersection of the insurance and cybersecurity industries. This individual will be responsible for research projects, project management and maintaining legal documents and records, including contracts and other documents for our global operations.
A successful candidate must have outstanding communication and teamwork skills, anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and have experience managing a wide range of projects. This position will report to the Head of Legal, and must be adept at working in a remote environment.
- Assist the Legal Team in their day-to-day activities, including document and data/records management, research, and other legal support.
- Support the Legal Team in creating, implementing, and maintaining corporate policies, procedures, training, and other compliance testing, measures, and controls.
- Monitor and maintain legal and privacy mailboxes, and help prioritize and respond to internal and external legal inquiries.
- Perform federal, state, and other jurisdictional research using legal research tools and public information databases.
- Assist the Legal Team with drafting correspondence, contracts, and other legal documents at the direction of attorneys.
- Develop and maintain an internal research database and ensure research pertinent to Coalition’s business remains current.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a contract management system.
- Support the Legal Team in third-party examinations and audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned in response to changing business conditions and/or requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic background. Paralegal certification preferred, but will consider comparable experience in lieu of certification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a paralegal in a top law firm and/or large company setting (both preferred), with at least one year of experience working in a highly regulated space (e.g., Insurance, Finance) preferred.
- Experience drafting contracts or agreements and using a contract database is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines, follow through on projects in a timely manner, and adapt to a fast-based and changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail, proof-reading skills, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Superior follow-up and organizational skills; and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong negotiating skills in both legal and financial/commercial matters.
- Shows initiative and is willing to take ownership of projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, and authenticity. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it. Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.