- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Product Engineering
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Portugal.
About the role
As a Principal Product Manager at Coalition, you will own one of the company’s strategic product areas and have material impact on business outcomes. You’ll identify key problems we tackle, get feedback from key stakeholders, prioritize features to plan a roadmap, and work across the company to build innovative solutions. A great product manager thinks creatively, empathizes with their customers, and deeply understands the domain. You’ll be balancing different perspectives, making thoughtful decisions on trade-offs, and helping us build the right products for the right user at the right time.
What’s unique about this role? You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team focused on bringing Coalition into new markets, since the problem of cyber risk is global. You will identify the opportunities and specific quirks (commercial and regulatory) of each market, and you’re excited about adapting a proven product to be successful in a new locale (maybe you’ve done it before). Additionally, you’re ready to innovate on improving the core services and adding new capabilities which may be used elsewhere. You will be our first Product Manager in Europe and a member of the UK founding team.
Our insurance platform serves as the foundation for underwriting, modeling, pricing, quote and policy issuance, billing, and the renewal process for our growing book of business. The platform requires flexibility for new products, geographies, and channels, all while operating smoothly in a regulated environment with multiple customers: policyholders, brokers, and different internal roles. We need you to lead projects that expand our capabilities for all customers.
We expect a balance of constant incremental improvement with appetite for larger opportunities. When you find foundational things that need attention, you’re willing to fix the root issue and invest in projects that benefit the company long term. You’ll manage your roadmap in a clear, consistent manner, and help everyone understand what success looks like. We’re growing quickly, so there is considerable opportunity to scale responsibility with the company’s success.
- 7+ years of experience building software products and services, especially SaaS
- Solid track record taking ideas (yours and others) all the way to customer benefit
- Ability to deliver products working with an agile engineering organization
- Understanding of the capabilities of modern cloud-based technologies
- Measured success in delivering on company goals
- Maturity to balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth demands and rewards flexibility
- Ability to lead independently, through influence and acumen
- Project management experience that spans multiple teams
- Excellent communication skills, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and push for team success
- Trusted by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Experience with the business of insurance, or related financial products
- Experience with cybersecurity, playing defense, offense, or both
- Additional written/spoken languages beyond English
- Computer science or related technical degree
- Engaging writing for an outside audience
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.