- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Product Engineering
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 130,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. Our distributed teams work collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About the role
As a Product Manager at Coalition, you will own one of the company’s strategic product areas and have a material impact on business outcomes. You’ll identify key problems we tackle, get feedback from key stakeholders, prioritize features to plan a roadmap, and work across the company to build innovative solutions. A good product manager thinks creatively, empathizes with their customers, and deeply understands the domain. A great product manager continually creates business value, delights customers, and improves company infrastructure to unlock faster development.
In this role, you will own a significant part of Coalition’s broker experience. Your top focus will be helping our brokers onboard, quote, bind, and renew business as seamlessly as possible. You will work closely with our broker users, our insurance stakeholders, and our engineers to translate business logic, problems, and user feedback into scalable product components that will enable us to 10x our scale. You will work cross-functionally across teams and other product owners at the company to create delightful user experiences that are simple, intuitive, and reliable. You will need to iterate quickly based on user feedback, quantitative data, and an understanding of world class UX to make our brokers’ experience better.
We expect a balance of constant incremental improvement with appetite for larger opportunities. When you find foundational things that need attention, you’re willing to fix the root issue and invest in projects that benefit the company long term. You’ll manage your roadmap in a clear, consistent manner, and help everyone understand what success looks like.
We’re growing quickly, so there is considerable opportunity to scale responsibility with the company’s success.
- An ownership mentality; do what it takes to deliver great outcomes.
- A passion for technology and 3+ years of experience building software products, ideally for external customers
- A track record taking ideas all the way to shipping great products and customer benefits
- An ability to deliver products working with an agile engineering organization
- Equally adept at being hands-on and sweating the details and at looking at the larger picture and driving the strategic vision
- Comfortable with data and optimization; know how to evaluate a funnel
- Maturity to balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth demands and rewards flexibility
- Project management experience across complex projects
- Excellent communication skills, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and push for team success
- Trusted by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Experience scaling products during 10x growth
- Experience building and delivering successfully on 0-1 products
- Experience optimizing funnels: conversion, retention, engagement
- Engaging writing for an outside audience: maybe a company or personal blog, maybe instructional material to help drive adoption of your product
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.