- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Product Engineering
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Portugal.
About the role
As a Product Manager at Coalition, you will own one of the company’s strategic product areas and have material impact on business outcomes. You’ll identify key problems we tackle, get feedback from key stakeholders, prioritize features to plan a roadmap, and work across the company to build innovative solutions. A great product manager thinks creatively, empathizes with their customers, and deeply understands the domain. You’ll be balancing different perspectives, making thoughtful decisions on trade-offs, and helping us build the right products for the right user at the right time.
In this role, you will be working on and owning a significant part of the company’s product efforts in green-field areas. You will work closely with our users, our business and insurance stakeholders and translate business logic, guidelines and user feedback into delightful product experiences. You will work cross-functionally across teams and other product owners at the company to leverage existing systems, and at the same time build new capabilities aligned with the overall evolution of our platform. To build and enhance these products on an ongoing basis, we will need to iterate quickly based on user feedback, prioritize product capabilities and ship these to our users.
We expect a balance of constant incremental improvement with appetite for larger opportunities. When you find foundational things that need attention, you’re willing to fix the root issue and invest in projects that benefit the company long term. You’ll manage your roadmap in a clear, consistent manner, and help everyone understand what success looks like.
We’re growing quickly, so there is considerable opportunity to scale responsibility with the company’s success.
- A passion for technology and 6 plus years of experience building software products and services, especially SaaS
- A track record taking ideas all the way to shipping great products and customer benefits
- An ability to deliver products working with an agile engineering organization
- Equally adept at being hands-on and sweating the details and at looking at the larger picture and driving the strategic vision
- Maturity to balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth demands and rewards flexibility
- Project management experience across complex projects
- Excellent communication skills, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and push for team success
- Trusted by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Experience with the business of insurance, or related regulated financial products
- Experience building and delivering successfully on 0-1 products
- Computer science or Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) background
- Engaging writing for an outside audience: maybe a company or personal blog, maybe instructional material to help drive adoption of your product
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.